book report
class & number : 1403 name : yujin Kim
title
The secret diary of Adrian mole aged 13 3/4
author
Sue townsend
publisher & year
Harper Tempest & 2003
vocabularies
sleeves
The sleeves of a coat, shirt, or other item of clothing are the parts that cover your arms. 2. A record sleeve is the stiff envelope in which a record is kept.
ignorant
If you describe someone as ignorant, you mean that they do not know things they should know. If someone is ignorant of a fact, they do not know it.
tangle
A tangle of something is a mass of it twisted together in an untidy way. 2. If something is tangled or tangles, it becomes twisted together in an untidy way.
obscene
If you describe something as obscene, you mean it offends you because it relates to sex or violence in a way that you think is unpleasant and shocking.
straggly
Straggly hair or a straggly plant is thin and grows or spreads out untidily in different directions.
midget
People who are very short are sometimes referred to as midgets.
ashtray
An ashtray is a small dish in which smokers can put the ash from their cigarettes and cigars.
lorry
A lorry is a large vehicle that is used to transport goods by road.
shovel
A shovel is a tool with a long handle that is used for lifting and moving earth, coal, or snow.
mongrel
A mongrel is a dog which is a mixture of different breeds.
inspector
An inspector is a person, usually employed by a government agency, whose job is to find out whether people are obeying official regulations.
hedge
A hedge is a row of bushes or small trees, usually along the edge of a garden, field, or road.
swear
If someone swears, they use language that is considered to be rude or offensive, usually because they are angry.
beetroot
Beetroot is a dark red root that is eaten as a vegetable. It is often preserved in vinegar.
fetch
If you fetch something or someone, you go and get them from the place where they are.
Refpection
First, I thought this book was so boring. But after I read the book, I changed my mind. It is a story about a usual boy. This book was written by Sue Townsend. The book was first published in Hardcover by Methuen on October 7, 1982. Sequels include. It focuses on the worries and troubles of a teenager who believes himself to be an man. his book is written in a diary style and set It shows a course of adolescence which he spent. We are spending time like him, so it help us and can have sympathy. Although he sometimes does something special, it is possible. because of his situation. He is in adolescence. I sometimes smiled and was disgusted.
And, in this book various characters appear. Each characters make me laugh! From Pandora to a poor dog. a lot of the typical humour originates from the reader immediately seeing through particular observations, while the boy pertinently and naively misinterprets them. Also, this book was known long time ago. Radio and TV treated this book story. I was so surprised! I thought this book is not famous for people. Then, when I saw this book, It was a little different for me. And I thought value of this book. Surely adolescence is so hard and arduous. But Sue tell us so easily and comfortable. I think it is so helpful and nice.
댓글 없음:
댓글 쓰기